42. Ricci L. J. Garbage routes to methane, Chem. Eng., May 27, 1974.
43. Ricci L. J. Scavenging of wastes promises a gas bonus, Chem. Eng., 10 (1975).
44. MaughT. H. II, Fuel from wastes: A minor energy source, Science, 178, 599-602 (1972).
45. McCalla T. M. Think of manure as a resource, not a waste, Feedlot Manage,
14, 10, 11, 68 (1972).
46. Jones J. Converting solid wastes and residues to fuel, Chem. Eng., 2 (January 1978), 87-94.
47. Jones J. L. Overview of solid waste and residue generation, disposition technologies, presented at symposium on Advanced Thermal Processes for Conversion of Solid Wastes and Residues, American. Chemical Society, Anaheim, California, March 15-16, 1977.
48. Kuester J. C., Lutes L. Fuel and feedstock from refuse, Environ. Sci. Techno I,
10, 339-341 (1976).
49. KohnP. M. Biomass: A growing energy source, Chem. Eng., 30, 58-62 (January 1978).
50. Anderson L. L. U.S. Bur. Mines Inf. Circ. No. 8549, 1972.
51. Energy Alternatives: A Comparative Analysis, University of Oklahoma Science and Public Pulicy Policy Program, Norman, Oklahoma, May 1975.
52. Federal Register, Effluent guidelines and standards, Environ. Prot. Agency (U.-
S.) Publ., 39 (32), Parts 1, 2, and 3 (1974):
53. Willrich T.L., Smith G.E. Agricultural Practices and Water Quality, Iowa State University Press, Iowa, 1970.
54. Jewell W. J. Anaerobic fermentation of agricultural wastes-Potential for improvement and implementation, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 1976.
55. Jewell W. J., Davis H. R., GunkelW. W., Lathwell D. J., Martin J. H., McCarty T. R., Morris R. G., Price D. R., Williams D. W. Bioconversion of Agricultural Wastes for Pollution Control and Energy Conservation, New York State College of Agriculture and Life Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 1976.
56. Silveston P. L. Methane Production from Manure in Small Scale Units, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, 1975.
57. Silveston P. L. Professor of Chemical Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada, personal communication with M. R. Brûlé, May 8, 1975.
58. Kuhlman Herbert, owner of the site where the biogasification system has been installed, personal communication, 1975.
59. GunkelW. W., Jewell W. J., McCarty T. R„ Price D. R., Williams D.W, Analysis of Energy Utilization on Beef Feedlots and Dairy Farms, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 1975.
60. Casier G. L., Gunkel W. W., Price D. R. Accounting of Energy Inputs for Agricultural Production in New York State, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 1975.
61. Morris G. R., Jewell W. J., Casier G. L. Alternative Animal Wastes; Anaerobic Fermentation Design and Their Costs. Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 1974.